file link realod maps and etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file link realod maps and etc

when I reload an updated dwg file into Max 9, the materials that I already have mapped go away!! Under advanced, there are two options:

Use scene material definitions and Use scene material assignments on Reload.

I have tried all the combinations. Any suggestions.

Thanx
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

For me the "Use scene material assignments on Reload" did the trick so I'm not sure what's happening. Is it the same CAD file or is it a new one supplied by the client, wblocked out, xreffed etc?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hi,

There used to be a bug which caused materials to be reset if the AutoCAD file had XRefs attached to it.

A workaround is to uncheck 'include external references' in the presets part of the file link manager and filelink to the XRefs as well your initial drawing.

Dan
      Dan Brew

Comment

If this is coming from Revit and the objected get deleted and recreated that it loses its definition in the linked file and a new definition gets created so that the material you had applied to a door previously doesn't know where to assign itself. If it is ADT, I assume there is something similar about deleting and recereating. If you are moving objects around I would think this should work, but who knows. I had problems with File Link early on and have steered away from it for a while.

Comment

Working...
        X