X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relink Bitmaps Script

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/relink-bitmaps - Relink Bitmaps v1.08.ms

Update 1.08 - Additional Feedback for users

Update 1.07 - Now includes Customizable QuickPaths for saving paths you use most often!

Vrayers,
    After being frustrated with Max's Photometic/Bitmap path plugin, I decided to write my own. However the ones I saw didn't offer the features this one does. Some features of mine that are not included in the max-plugin are:

1. Fast Recursive Directory searching (searches my c:\ drive for missing bitmaps in less than 20seconds) - Bitmap/Photometric Path Editor will not search sub-directories.

2. Interactive Mode - With a single click, turning on Interactive Mode allows the user to click a missing map to see what object it is assigned to. Also allows the user the double click a missing map to isolate the object it is assigned to!

3. Undo toggle and other speed enhancements

4. Saveable Quick Paths for quick searching of your most common libraries.

NOTE: the missing file must contain the exact same filename as the one found, case-sensitive, if necessary or desired I will add an option for case-insensitive searching.

If you find this useful drop me an email, if you find a bug, please also drop me a line via this thread.

-Colin

Installation/Notes:

1. Load a file with missing bitmaps
    2. Run script
    3. Select a path you'd like to search by pressing the "..." browse button, or entering it manually
    4. Press "Relink"

optional: Interactive Mode

1. Load a file with missing bitmaps
    2. Run script
    3. Press "Turn Interactive Mode ON", and wait a moment for it to load bitmaps
    4. Select a missing map in the "Missing Maps" listbox to select the object it is attached to in the viewport
    5. Double-click a missing map in the "Missing Maps" listbox to isolate the object it is assigned to
    Colin Senner

brilliant - thank you.

I thought for a long time that max's version of this was soooo, so stupid for not doing point 2. why on earth would you need to select missing bitmaps without also seeing what objects they are assigned to?... thanks again.

Comment

wow... that is just brilliant.

Was thinking how crap the max one was just the other day.

Thanks!!

Comment

Glad to hear it, please let me know of any bugs /problems/counter-intuitive behavior you run into so I can correct it for newer versions, which will be available on Scriptspot, and updated in this thread exclusively.

-Colin
        Colin Senner

Comment

Thanks, it can be handy in some messed up projects we have now and then

A couple comments
          - I don't really see why the missing bitmap window is open as another rollout and there is a button to open and close it ... wouldnt it be more intuitive to have it always open and all in the script in the same rollout?
          - We use a dedicated server to store our texture bitmaps and sometimes the path to those textures can be really long, could it be possible to let the user change the width of the menus to see full path, or to have an horizontal scroll bar to see it?

Just tested it for a couple of minute so excuse me if I overlooked something

Comment

Have you tried the Asset Tracker in 3ds Max 9? It allows you to change bitmap paths as well, and newer versions of V-Ray also support it for VRayProxy's and VRayHDRI's.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

VrayHDRI support is simple enough to add, a simple

getClassInstances VRayHDRI

I used to have VrayHDRI functionality built it, but there were usually so few in a scene (1, maybe 2) that slowing down the code with additional classof if checks didn't seem worth it. Though I'll look into it more.

- I don't really see why the missing bitmap window is open as another rollout and there is a button to open and close it ... wouldnt it be more intuitive to have it always open and all in the script in the same rollout?
              Yes, it would, I liked keeping the main rollout fairly small in width, but it does seem to make more sense in one bigger rollout.

- We use a dedicated server to store our texture bitmaps and sometimes the path to those textures can be really long, could it be possible to let the user change the width of the menus to see full path, or to have an horizontal scroll bar to see it?
              If you are not able to see the full width of the missing texture because multilistboxes don't scroll horizontally. when you click the missing texture the full path shows up in the edittext box right below it, where you can copy/paste it. Now if you still want to see it all, then that is an easy add.

-Colin
              Colin Senner

Comment

Updated to Version 1.07 --

-- Now includes customizable QuickPaths for paths you use often -Suggestion by themaxxer
                Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
                X