Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFLOW + DISPLACEMENT modifier

Hi everyone

I would like to know if is there a way to have my displacement modifier in an instance object in Pflow

I have several instances pflow objects and each one have a differents displacement modifiers with a different displacement map of course but when I render in vray I can't see the displace.

I mn't sure that pflow support vray displacement in instance object.

Could you confirm this please

thanks a lot

mickael

Ps: very sorry for my poor english

Nope - pflow needs to be fed the mesh of an object so it can use it as a shape instance - Vray displacement only happens at render time so pflow wouldn't be able to access it. Use a tessellate or turbosmooth on your object, use the regular displace modifier and then you should be okay.

Comment

If there was a way to apply the displacement modifier on top of the PFlow source itself, then this could work, but I'm not sure PFlow allows this.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nope - might work with a mesher copy of the pflow flow but it's probably not a great idea - pflow as it stands isn't great with high detail meshes. You'd be better off baking the animation to objects and putting the displacement on them.

Comment

you guys sure about that? i've got a rig here that a coworker made using a displaced object as a shape instance.. let me see if i can find it
          Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

my bad, I'm wrong, he did it via the displace map in the material..
            Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

thanks you very much everyone

Comment

Working...
              X