No announcement yet.

VrayLightMtl Global control Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the primary difference between a vraylight and a vraylightmtl is that the vraylight is a direct light and vraylightmtl is a GI light, thus alot slower and not as clean to render without high GI settings.

The vray mesh lights will be direct lights like the vray area lights, but just with the advantages of the vraylightmtl being that you can use it on any mesh shape.

Comment

Arh OK, thanks for clarifying this.

But in this case surely there will still be a place for the vray light mtl as it will be faster in animations for example when you actually want to save the light in a stored GI solution?

Comment

Your able to do that anyway with vraylights.

"store with IR map"

And vraylightmtl will almost always be slower to get clean results than using just vraylights anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by martindrake81
          But in this case surely there will still be a place for the vray light mtl as it will be faster in animations for example when you actually want to save the light in a stored GI solution?
          I'm guessing that you will be able to store the light coming from the object with the irradiance map, as you can with current Vray lights...

I've had a few occasions where I've needed to blend a light material with another, so I hope it remains for that purpose.
          MDI Digital
          moonjam

Comment

Working...
          X