my new computer and issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new computer and issues

Well....with my new computer rendering scenes in blazing speed...I almost forget about the other issues it had...For instance....I start Max and then work for a while, PS some images, perhaps import stuff from CAD, run Outlook and other small programs. At that time I am only using about 1.75 gigs and it runs like a dog!!! I have 4gb and it just seems that it should run faster...and I get out of the programs and start them again 5 minutes later and I am using at least 25% more ram.

With Max 32 bit I had this scene that I could render a aerial view, but in 64 bit it works fine!!! BUT the material editor takes FOREVER to pop up and redraw the materials. I also have the Nvidia 4500. But I can not find any docs on how to optimize it for MAX. And the support site for that card blows....If anyone has had any experience such as this, please let me know.

Thanx all
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

So when it hits around 1.7gb it just goes really slow? thats pretty odd.
    Is windows reporting all your RAM properly?

There is an issue with XP64 and the material editor. I believe its fixed in the new builds. There is a thread about it.

So your using a Quadro 4500? Are you using the maxtreme drivers? you should be, and make sure max is set to use them as well. Otherwise your not really getting the most out of that card. As the drivers are the main difference between that and a gaming card.

Comment

The 1.7 number was just a ballpark...What I really meant was that I would think this thing would be blazing fast and I could do ten times the stuff as before...But I am using CS3, Max 9 64 and other programs that are fairly new...And it could be just that... I have not installed the those drivers as of yet...Do you have a secific link? I could just google, but I remember someone saying the newer ones were worse...Or was that another card...

So the newer buils of VRAY are fixed with 64? I will send vlado a PM or email....But there are other issues as well that have nothing to do with vray....Hopefully AUtodesk will do something about it soon.

Thanx man
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Well you should be able to have as much stuff open as you want. And as long as nothing is hoging the CPU like rendering with vray then everything should be really quick. Unless your running out of ram which you shouldnt be.

Just google for maxtreme.. its on nvidia's site. I dont know enought bout them to be able to recommend a specific version tho.

Yep im pretty sure the slow ME is fixed in the newer builds. Email Vlado saying your having that problem and would like a build that fixes it.

Comment

Working...
        X