Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help & suggestions

Hello friends of vray & 3d.

I could see a very nice photo on the internet, I woould like to reproduce in 3d. Well, I've never done any specific studio shot like you can see on this image, but it would be cool if I could reproduce something specific like shown on this image here:

Thank you very much for every little help and all your suggestions,
    bernhard
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Seems like a spherical light on each side judging by the reflections or possibly a white surface on either side of the phones with a light shining towards each - if you don't point a light directly towards an object but instead aim it towards a white card that bounces light towards the object you get softer results.

Comment

do a quick search for 'zulibans studio setup' ... It might answer a few of your questions.
      "You dont need sight to see, you need vision."
      Faithless

Comment

hmm

thank you FlytE, but it seems to be that his scene file is not line anymore...

here is the thread:
        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...light=zulibans

but I can't dowload the zip file.....

@joconnell:
        yep, good idea, that's pretty much what professional photgraphers using for making studio shots.... I will try....

bernhard
        www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

hmm..

that's now pretty interesting... I've tried to get softer reflections, so i've positioned the lights against a plane, bouncing back from there to the object....

but you can clearly see a very hard reflection.....
          just a quick test render:

Hmm, so is there a way to blur the lightsource ?

thx for every little help,
          bernhard
          www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

Add a glow effect in post.... otherwise known as "Specular Bloom"

Comment

Also, if you're trying to go the full photography route and avoid post effects.... you could bounce the light off a plane, just make the plane big enough that it can capture the full falloff of the light... and make sure to turn your light invisible

Comment

Try searching for "light tent" in google image. Might help in setting your studio lights.
                Harry G

Comment

I have that file somewhere.. being the packrat that I am.

Let me see if i can find it.

Comment

Add a slight glossiness to your material's reflection.
                    0.995 might do.
                    It will blur the distant stuff, and keep crisp-ish the closer one
                    Lele
                    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                    ----------------------
                    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

http://rapidshare.com/files/46271697...up_zuliban.rar

there ya go

Comment

thank you

Thank you for all your efforts, I really appreciate that.

I was looking at zulibans setup - and I think it's very good, but I could not reach what I wanted. So I decided to make one more test.

As I said before, I don't wanted to use any glossy effect in the material settings, instead of this, I wanted to find a way to get a nice and blurry light reflection on a pure high reflective chrome material.

Here is the result:

I've used 3 lightsources, white, blue, orange in a sphere.
                        The lights are planes and targeting against the inner-surface of the sphere, so the light bounces from that wall back to the object.

Hmm, well, indirect light source

ok, now I will try some other material tests, but I am not really sure if that will fit to the photo I've posted above.

thx for every little help
                        I really appreciate that much,
                        bernhard
                        www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

okay if you want to get a softer result in that teapot, put a white plane in the position of the light, then put your light in between the teapot and the plane. Point your light towards the plane so that you get a hotspot and a bit of falloff on the centre of the plane - the teapot will reflect the hot centre of the light gradually fading off to the edges of the plane and it'll also bounce light back towards the teapot.

Comment

thank you

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate that:

here is the final image, I had to do for my client:

www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

Working...
                            X