Split Line rendering MultiMatteRenderElements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Line rendering MultiMatteRenderElements

Does anyone know of a way to render the MultiMatteRenderElement with a split line render through backburner? I have been trying to get this element to work for quite some time now and with joy on small scene's but unfortunately when i am rendering a high res file (5000ish Pixels) i cant wait for the render to complete on one machine!
    Any advice, tips or help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

i would go to distributed rendering.

render elements won't work with split line render.
    or turn out all neccessery lights and gi and glossys and so on, it depends on which channels you need.
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Comment

Thanks jonny,
      Yeah i have been using distributed rendering a bit but i have heard 10 buckets is the maximum, is this true? As this obviously doesn't compete with 25 separate machines! Is there any future knowledge of the render elements to work with split line rendering?

Comment

its 10 machines actually, and, unless its changed in recent builds, thats just the 'stated' maximum
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Hi,
          we have solved this intern here. But I can't send this out. I wrote a script that animates the renderregion of vray and sends this to the farm. I wrote an exr stitcher exe with the openexr sdk and this is sent to the farm as well with a dependency job. Works quite well here. I know this is not much help, but sometimes knowing that it can be done is a good start, too.

Dieter
          --------
          visit my developer blog

Comment

Working...
          X