Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stained glass

hello all
    I am having trouble with some stained glass.

is there a way to get colored shadows to show on the ground thru a vray material?

I have a direct light (with vray shadows) behind the stained glass.

I can achieve this effect when using a vray material and just a color in the diffuse slot but not when using a map in this slot

is this possible to do without relying on Photoshop

I THINK YOU CAN PUT A LIGHT WITH A MAP IN THE PROJECTION MAP SLOT , OR MODEL THE COLORED GLASES AND PUT IN THEM VRAY GLASS MATERIAL WHITH AFFECT SHADOWS ON. I WILL CHOOSE DE SECOND ONE BECAUSE IT IS MORE PHISICALY CORRECT.

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.

oNZ

Comment

the vray 2 sided material may be another option.
      www.boxxtech.com

Comment

It wont get it from the diffuse slot, AFAIK.

It needs to be in refraction or opacity I believe.

I did something with a 2 sided material and im sure I got the coloring to work.. let me look.

Comment

Daforce is right-throw it in the diffuse slot and it works perfect. Set your diffuse to nearly black and be sure to check "affect shadow" and if necessary, "affect alpha". I don't think a 2 sided material is necessary here.

CORRECTION: That'd be the REFRACT slot, see below. My mind knew what I meant, my fingers thought otherwise though.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ahh you said throw it in the diffuse slot.. you didnt mean diffuse did you? As i said I didnt think it worked in the diffuse slot.

Comment

Whoops ! Of course, throw it in the REFRACT slot and it works perfectly!
              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ahh good good.

Just had to make sure.

Comment

thanks for the help. it was the refract slot not diffuse the whole time.

Comment

Working...
                  X