Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Lsega

Hi all

Been a maxwell user for a while but being a small, one man show, I need to turn projects around quick with limited resources. I'm actually not new to V-ray (used it way back when in an architectural office) but I still have a TON to learn.

here's something I did in the past... (no where near the best ever done but I was happy with it).

I'm stoked about having my own personal license .

but...

I totally tank exteriors people!

So here's my quasi noobi question

I guess it's fair to say that the workflow for interiors versus exteriors is totally different. what's the best way to determine what GI settings you should use for exteriors? It seems like the less light a scene has, the harder it is for me to get a good 'aesthetic' in the image and with daytime exteriors I'm pulling the scanline look.

hope that made some sense.

All the best.

Luis

Hello there and welcome my friend....

As far as the settings goes....I have just recently found LeLe's tools very useful in the settings for interior, exterior and the etc...etc...

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=20175

Check out this thread...It is very useful.

Good luck and keep it up
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Thanks EricCamper!

Comment

One major thing a lot of people get stuck by is blaming the look of renders on lighting.

lighting is important, but not nearly as much as you'd think - go nuts on your materials. Photosource textures, use colour selections in photoshop to seperate different bits to make displacement/bump/specular maps, and use reflections on nearly everything with a fresnel falloff.
        Use a colour correct and balance every material to each scene you do and get the colours looking as natural as possible.

The sun/sky is good for this - while I dont like the lack of control you have, it is fast, and it always looks good so you dont need to worry about that being the thing holding you back.

Comment

yeah, I'm pretty sure it not the lighting persay. I mean technically it's only the sky and sun system (which I'm still getting the hang of obviously). time to get painting!

Luis

Comment

Working...
          X