No announcement yet.

Two Vray versions on the same machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Vray versions on the same machine?

Hi,

I am currently running Viz 2007 with the max 8 version of Vray 1.5.00. Is it possible, now that the license is on the dongle, that I can also run Viz 2008 with the max 9 version of Vray 1.5.00 on the same computer?

Thanks,

Trev

I don't see why not, I have Max 8 and Max 9, both with VRay installed on one machine. I'm still using the software license though. I suppose you wouldn't be able to start both applications at once and render with VRay if you only have one license.

Dan
    Dan Brew

Comment

Thanks Dan

Will give it a try!

Comment

Did you install vray twice. Once for MAX8 and once for MAX9?
        I have never run two versions but I need to right now for testing purposes. I have the dongle and 1.50

Comment

Yep, installed it twice.................works perfectly!

Comment

Is it possible to install the new 1.5 but retain the old rc3? It seems to force you to uninstall it.

I would like to keep it on so that I can still render the same output from recent projects.

Comment

Then you need to add a second instance of max. You'll have to copy the folder as you cant install max a second time if i recall right.

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

or you can copy the .dlls

The ohter thing you can do is create a folder with the relevant .dll's I was doing it for awhile with 1.48 and 1.5 r3 ( worked for network rendering too). If you swop out ( overwrite ) one set of .dlls with the other and restart max then - you can switch versions. It took me a bit of time to figure out what I needed to swtich out and I have never tried it with the Hardware dongle - so be careful with your experiments.

Comment

Working...
                X