Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to simulate a red giant star with physcam???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to simulate a red giant star with physcam???

Any way to simulate a red giant star with vraysky & physical cam???

I need to do an image set FAR is the future - and need a red giant sun that interacts with the physical sky.

Thanks

Maybe try to play around with the cam's white balance...probably some greenish color

Comment

Originally posted by ingo
      Maybe try to play around with the cam's white balance...probably some greenish color
      Yes - that's what I've found - turn of the turbidity to 7 and set the white balance to green.... and increase the size multiplier on the sun to 50 or 100.

Comment

well in theory one could publish all the internal constants to mxs and create a frontend to tweak them to death :P (erm vlado ?)

The Sky implementation is based on the preetham paper that has a SHITLOAD of constants as the base of the analytical function for the brightness and hue distributions. By changing these base constant pretty much everything can be done. But that aint really practical, as it's incredibly unpredictable what happens when you change one of them. Would be fun to toy with tho :P

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
          well in theory one could publish all the internal constants to mxs and create a frontend to tweak them to death :P (erm vlado ?)
          yes indeed, so far only the interface ones are visible...
          Would be a joy

By the way, has anyone tried the new realtime sky script in the script pack?
          Should make these non-physical skies a breeze to explore.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

My 2 cents... Maybe just put a big red transparent hemisphere around the scene and use the standard sky system. Playing with the transparency and color could give you what you want. Results are probably similar to just changing the white balance on the camera though.
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
            X