Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some material help please.

Hi guys,

Can I please have some help with making a realistic leather material, a carpet material and a decent eggshell paint texture?

I am struggling with using displacement for carpets to create a soft furry appearance, I cannot create a leather texture which looks like anything but noisy wet plastic and my walls just look like they are made of a solid unrealistic block of colour.

I feel like it is my materials which are letting my work down at the moment, I am really striving for the same level of realism as a lot of you guys are outputting but I seem to be falling short and it is very frustrating.

If you know of any decent tutorials for creating any of these materials that would be great or if you have any words of wisdom that would be fantastic too.

Thanks,
    Marcus.

Check www.vray-materials.de
    I'm sure you can find good leather (and other) materials there.

Making materials isn't my forte either, but I did learn from the materials I downloaded from that site.

(To moderators: Is it allowed to post links? If not, please let me know or edit my post and remove the link.)
    www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
    @home:
    / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
    / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
    @work:
    / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
    / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

DrJan:
      Posting links is just fine. As long as they are to legit websites.. i.e. no warez links or anything.

Comment

leather shouldnt be too hard - there's a good map from a model that used to be on the forum here -(zuliban's chair I think) - which you can tint to use for colour or use as a straight bump

basically set glossys to .75 as a start, fresnel reflections and override the fresnel ior value to 3 or so - you really need a texture map to break it up a bit as it will be too even without

sounds like maybe you're overlighting which is burning out the subtle toning on the walls?

Comment

Working...
        X