No announcement yet.

How-to DR using BB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not having any joy here with BB and DR using Max8 and Vray 1.50.00.

I send the job from my workstation to NODE_01 with DR ticked. The job starts on NODE_01 but then receives an End of Job command and nothing else happens.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

NODE A
      Backburner SP2
      one line in the vray_dr.cfg (node B)

192.168.1.123 1

the last one to enable the IP

NODE B start spawner

just send DR ojbt to node A
      thats all

nothing magic

?

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1
        Originally posted by Da_elf
        very strange, this just wont work at all. its strange, usually im the one who always gets buggy features to work but this time its not working
        you are getting older
        ROFL i was thinking just about that
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hm,

i still dont get this together...

so i set my image upr for vr distribution and put in all my nodes i want to render on this image ?

and than i send it via backburner to one special node ?

this node starts and grabs all vrspawners i wanted and that are switched on ?

and if i switch them on later , it will grab them ( as mentioned as another new feature of 1.5 final ) ?

am i wrong or would another advantage of this be, that i could render out all passes i want better ? cause with only stripeset, this doesnt work because each stripe overrides the last one.. with dr and bb , this should work, wouldnt it , and i could go home , drink a beer, and wouldnt have to wait untill my first image had end and start the next.....

Tom

Comment

is this working with vray 1.5 rc5?
            I get white buckets with the method described.
            and I also get white buckets if I don't use BB, only DR...

best regards
            themaxxer
            Pixelschmiede GmbH
            www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

I've been studying this thread trying to understand the process of DRing in BB. Could someone explain it in easy to understand terms?
              (e.g., step 1: turn on your computer, step 2...)

Comment

I got it to work...well a little bit . The 00633 buckets are my local machine and the 00640 is the DR machine. The DR machine doesn't want to calc the IR (white buckets), then the whole thing just hangs after the IR is calculated.

Still have some kinks to work out. I've got a pretty heavy scenario set with my test. I'm trying to get backburner to run this rendering that will save to .vrimg format and save the IR and LC passes to their own file and switch to that saved file after it's calculated. That's pretty much all I could think to throw at it. I haven't tried anything simpler yet.

Comment

OK....total other end of the spectrum. Scenario = same scene as before (a couple of boxes, vray cam and vray sunlight), this time all I'm asking it to do is render to the max vfb and save as a jpg...nothing doing, crashes after IR calc, and DR buckets are still empty. I've got the DR machines in the vray_dr.cfg...can't get anything to work. I could really use this too, otherwise I'll be VPN'ing into my work machine all weekend.

Comment

it was working here for my very first test but now I cant reproduce it
                    the DR slaves have 100% cpu usage but I have only the local buckets working on the image
                    I let it run for 50 min without success
                    the GI and the irr. tooks 5 min only so the 100% cpu usage sholdnt be LC prepass on the DR slaves

Comment

Working...
                    X