Vray Proxy again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Proxy again.

Hi, I know that the subject about Proxy vs Instances have been talk a lot but my question is something else. (Or I have not found the thread about it...)

We are doing a lot of complete house, 360 exterior and also the complete interior. When doing the interior we are placing many 3D models to make it more real. Until now we where able to render without crashes. My question is : I know that proxies are more RAM wise cause they are loaded only on demand when a bucket see it. But what about normal object (no proxies) that are on another floor? Do vray have to load all the models and all the textures? I'm in the process of converting all my model library to vrmesh.
    So...
    - Most of the time I'm using each different model in the house only one time.
    - When we need to edit a model and it's a vrmesh we need to load the original, edit it and then reconvert it to proxy, slowing down the pipeline.
    - We are using many models and sometime client need animation so model need to be there all the time.

Do I stick with the standard model library or it's better to convert every interior models to proxies?

Regards,

No one know??? Or maybe my english is really bad...

David

Comment

Working...
    X