how and when will i get a dongle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how and when will i get a dongle?

i bought vray directly from chaosgroup via web 2 or more years ago.
    i asked my local max reseller if he is also distributing vray, but that was negative. i asked the guy, if he knows about a reseller for vray. but he knew nadda.

i'm still using 1.47 with max 8 but i was hoping to move on to 1.5 final as soon as possible.

i really don't understand this dongle chaos anymore. i filled out a request for a dongle one year ago and i still did not get any information about how and when i can use the latest release of a good software.

i also do not have the cash to fly over to siggraph from europe to pick up my dongle. should i plan an excursion to sofia???

i think some kind of statement from chaos would be appropriate!
    thanks.
    -
    render forza!

-----

Office Le Nomade, Vienna

web: www.oln.at
    blog: blog.oln.at

Did you try this way already?

http://new.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=20354

Needed to check with them as well to know where exactly the dongle-thing was located.

Comment

thanks, i did not see this thread... but i will give it a shot...

i think a list of resellers would be really helpfull...
      (not sure if there are any in my country)
      -
      render forza!

-----

Office Le Nomade, Vienna

Comment

Actually, the current complete reseller list can be found on the site :

http://www.chaosgroup.com/software/vray/distributors/

I guess if that your country is not in there, you'll have to deal directly with Chaosgroup. I'm sure they will help you further.

Comment

thanks for the list. too bad my country is not listed...
          -
          render forza!

-----

Office Le Nomade, Vienna

Comment

It doesn't need to be from your contry. Just contact chaosgroup and find out which distributor they recommend. Contact the reseller and they will post one to you. Do a little more research before you start ranting next time...
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

actually it is very unclear that you are supposed to get your dongle from a reseller if you have bought it from vray directly. I have emailed them a couple of times now asking information about my dongle and all I was told I was now on a list and would be contacted again with further information but have never received any more information. It is particularly frustrating as it would be nice to be told something concrete so I could move in some direction. I understand they are busy but it has been a very long time.
              so I feel nlo's pain.
              val valgardson
              http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago
                Contact the reseller and they will post one to you. Do a little more research before you start ranting next time...
                It is quite unclear how to get a dongle. For those who live in frequnted areas, or have a decent reseller nearby, it must be more obvious, but just take a look at our example. We bought VRay via web from Chaos. Installed it, got our keys, were (and are... ) happy with it... 1,5 came along, dongle became a must. So, in the first place, I looked up this forum, and found that you either get your dongle at sigg, or fill out the request form, and get it via resellers. Found no form on the website, so I've dropped a mail to chaos. Got no reply. A week later dropped another mail, but still not a single word. That was three (3, yes...) weeks ago, and without any reply. In the meanwhile, I was also trying to contact our local reseller, but couldn't reach them either, either no one answers the phone, or the representative is out. Its nonsense, ... but it's not Chaos's fault. The last time I was able to contact the reseller was an hour before we ordered VRay online, because the reseller didn't even know what VRay was... (...neither the fact that they are selling it...)

regards,

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I've always received a prompt response from Chaosgroup. I asked about my dongle, Zori told me to go to bluegfx. After contacting bluegfx, I received my dongle a week later.
                  "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Originally posted by putyi
                    Originally posted by Clifton Santiago
                    Contact the reseller and they will post one to you. Do a little more research before you start ranting next time...
                    It is quite unclear how to get a dongle. For those who live in frequnted areas, or have a decent reseller nearby, it must be more obvious, but just take a look at our example. We bought VRay via web from Chaos. Installed it, got our keys, were (and are... ) happy with it... 1,5 came along, dongle became a must. So, in the first place, I looked up this forum, and found that you either get your dongle at sigg, or fill out the request form, and get it via resellers. Found no form on the website, so I've dropped a mail to chaos. Got no reply. A week later dropped another mail, but still not a single word. That was three (3, yes...) weeks ago, and without any reply. In the meanwhile, I was also trying to contact our local reseller, but couldn't reach them either, either no one answers the phone, or the representative is out. Its nonsense, ... but it's not Chaos's fault. The last time I was able to contact the reseller was an hour before we ordered VRay online, because the reseller didn't even know what VRay was... (...neither the fact that they are selling it...)

regards,
                    2 years I have filled out the request form now... Chaos has sended me a "software dongle" until RC4 but the real dongle and so the final 1.5 seems to be far far so far away from me....
                    We didn't know if the request form has been realy sended to the reseler.
                    We didnt know if we need to send an other mail to RegSoft, Chaos, Vlado...
                    Or stupidly and silency wait until we would be 64...

WELCOME TO THE VRAY'S DONGLE REQUEST NIGHTMARE

Comment

I too seem to have the same problem with the Dongle. Its been over a year since i filled the form and have resent a mail recently to Chaosgroup as indicated in an earlier dongle post.

My reseller Ideate has clearly told me to get it from ChaosGroup, and has posted the same here.

I have recieved Rc software versions from Vlado and have been satisfied with that over the last year.

I would really like to be able to use 1.5 and have actually held off purchasing a second liscence till the Dongle issue gets resolved.

Can the users not serviced by local re-sellers please have a simple way of using 1.5?

Vivek

Comment

i have finally woke up from this dongle nightmare

it has finally arrived
                        if you find a bug...kill it.

Comment

Just got our dongles recently ourselves and I must I'm happy with the way Chaosgroup treated the whole process. Got some issues like putyi with the local reseller, but Chaosgroup had nothing to do with it (perhaps picking another one maybe ). They apparently received our dongles almost four month ago, but didn't find it necessary to inform us. We are one of their customers ("kinda" now) and they knew we were waiting for it ... a mail seemed to much to ask.
                          Okay, I'll stop ranting and play with my Vray again .

Comment

I just got an email from Chaos Group and it said Trinity 3D was going to be contacting me about my dongle. So it seems Trinity 3D will be taking care of Ideate customers!

I think that is rather ironic!
                            rpc212
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
                            X