Clear All

• Brute Force GI

eh? what?

what's that all about then?

IE: qmc or dmc - its just labeled in plainer english now, for ... newbs :P
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Uh, is this in the new 1.5 FINAL or an RC.

I thought Brute Force G.I. has been around for ages? Isn't the rQMC replaced in the 1.5 FINAL with another sampler?

Cheers,
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

That´s 1.5 Final. And yes Bruteforce has been around for ages, but it was labelled QMC GI not Bruteforce before. And yes Schlick Sampling was introduced as well as rQMC is replaced by DMC sampling. tho there still is a legacy mode available to render old files with the old sampler.

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
          That´s 1.5 Final. And yes Bruteforce has been around for ages, but it was labelled QMC GI not Bruteforce before. And yes Schlick Sampling was introduced as well as rQMC is replaced by DMC sampling. tho there still is a legacy mode available to render old files with the old sampler.

Regards,
          Thorsten
          hmm... I m not a Lightwave's fan but I think I can remember that something was called BRUT FORCE GI in it... 5 years ago. But I m not sure.

Comment

Pretty much anything that shoots a single ray per pixel for a gi ray is brute force - it's not trying to use any kind of undersampling or approximation to get a quicker result out of the gi - Arnold used it ages ago, brazil is based on it and I'd suspect most renderers have it to some extent.

Comment

Working...
            X