Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dongle - moving sites

Hi,
    I have a single copy of 1.47 in an office with 10 PCs I use as a farm locally as VRay doesn't allow WAN rendering. Just about to upgrade to 1.5 with Dongle.

Can I take dongle to a different office with 70 PCs and use even if that office has never had the previous version of VRay installed?

Thanks,

Yes, you should be able to do that. V-Ray 1.5 (and the dongle itself too) does not rely on having any previous V-Ray versions.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

fantastic!
      I am half way through a job. Will it be a seamless transition to v1.5 or is it unadvisable at this stage. I would be calculating the IR maps for 9 walk through sequences. If I only get half way through and I'm saving Incremental add to current map on a network drive, can I stop the process - move VRay back to Scotland then continue the process saving the Maps to the same original location over the WAN, but the farm itself being on the Scotland LAN?
      Thanks,

Comment

Sorry. Also, if all the material maps are in Scotland, will max look up the WAN and collect them as normal or does VRay prevent any looking over a WAN?
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X