Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR and LC large still workflow

Hi,

Im about to start rendering 4 images around 4000 square, lots of glossy and hundreds of lights. I am using the medium IR preset and Light cache with 500 samples.

I would like to know the correct method to render these images either over the network or with DR? ie, do I render the LC and save first, then the IR on one machine, then DR or strip the large image.

Id also Like to know how this workflow should be changed for doing animations with IR and LC. I have done animations with IR before and used multiframe, but LC I am new too.

Thanks for you help.

if its a heavy scene I would pre calculate the IR map (maybe it lc map too) and render from top to bottom on one pc and bottom to top on another - i do this because DR can crash somtimes on large images - the put the two halfs to gether in PS

I would also used the "render to vray raw image file" and turn off "render to memory frame buffer"
    mdi-digital.com

Comment

For hires stills, I always precalc IRRmap & LC on one PC, and stripe render using backburner.
      Harry G

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info.

I am wondering if I can generate the LC on one machine, save it, and then DR the IR and render? To do this would you set the primary bounces to LC and none for secondary, or just leave as is, but stop the render once the LC is finished?

Thanks

Comment

Turns out you can!

I have recently finished 4 4000+ renders, around 14 hours a piece.

I worked out the LC and IR on one machine through BB, saving as they went. Then put a dependent job stripped 24 times to render the image after on the farm. It all worked very well, and have since used DR for the image render with saved lighting.

I used the same scene for an animation and used LC walkthought mode, and IR multiframe. No flicker as you would assume! Happy indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X