Vray proxys in xref not showing up when net rendered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray proxys in xref not showing up when net rendered

I have a site file with about 1500 vray proxys (trees). I have this file xref'd into another file containing buildings and lights. If I render the image locally the vray proxys render fine, but if I send a net render they aren't there.

I have configured my user paths in both files to ensure that the directories for the meshes are listed. I even tried placing a live proxy in the building file to give the path a kick start, but no such luck.

Is there something I am missing or do vray proxys have to be live to net render?

THX

Re: Vray proxys in xref not showing up when net rendered

Originally posted by drew_almighty
    I have configured my user paths in both files to ensure that the directories for the meshes are listed.
    I'm not sure vray uses the use paths if it can't find a proxy. Is the path for the proxy a UNC path (i.e., //server//folder/file) or is it a mapped drive (i.e., P? AFAIK, mapped drives can sometimes be a problem.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Re: Vray proxys in xref not showing up when net rendered

Originally posted by dlparisi
      I'm not sure vray uses the use paths if it can't find a proxy. Is the path for the proxy a UNC path (i.e., //server//folder/file) or is it a mapped drive (i.e., P? AFAIK, mapped drives can sometimes be a problem.
      We use only UNC paths as we have run into the mapped drive issue in the past.

Comment

Is your path to the xref'd file a unc path? Just tried it here and xref'd proxies work fine.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Every path we use anywhere is UNC. The vray mesh path, as well as the xref and external files user paths.

Comment

Is your path to the xref'd file a unc path? Just tried it here and xref'd proxies work fine.
            Did you net render over backburner?

Comment

Yes, DR and backburner work fine for me. What version are you running - I'm on Max 9 1.5 Final.

Comment

Yes, DR and backburner work fine for me. What version are you running - I'm on Max 9 1.5 Final.
                Max 8 SP3 and vray 1.47.03

Comment

Stop the presses

David,

My apologies. I should always double check before posting. SOMEHOW the path to my vray mesh was mapped to a drive letter. I changed it to UNC and judging by the increase in render time I am assuming it is going to work now.

Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time

p.s. The work on your website looks great!

Comment

Re: Stop the presses

Originally posted by drew_almighty
                    David,

My apologies. I should always double check before posting. SOMEHOW the path to my vray mesh was mapped to a drive letter. I changed it to UNC and judging by the increase in render time I am assuming it is going to work now.

Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time

p.s. The work on your website looks great!
                    Thanks, needs updating though . Hope the proxies work out for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X