more dongle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more dongle help

just got the dongle today. i was expecting to get a dongle for every license we have but we only received one dongle.

from the reseller: "Normally we ship one dongle with 1 license and also instructions to email with the programmer to re-program this single dongle with both of your Vray licenses. Please let me know if this is sufficient (both licenses are used at the same network location) or if they are used in separate locations (in which case you will need 2 dongles)."

both of our licenses are at the same location. how do i install for this? I guess the server machine needs to have the dongle plugged in at all times and the licenses for v-ray on the workstations get authorized over the network?? i thought that is what we are trying to get away from.

i'm confused.
    -joe
    www.boxxtech.com

You can either get two dongles for your two licenses, or have your 1 dongle reprogrammed for two licenses at the same (and use them anywhere in your network). This is purely as you wish. Some people prefer to have everything on one dongle, some like to have them separate.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X