• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun/Sky Legacy Mode

What is the switch for this?

Thanks!
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Cos the balance between the sun and sky in previous versions was wrong - the sky was too dark. It's corrected in new versions but if you have an old scene file it'll render differently in the new versions - the legacy mode changes the balance of the physical bits in vray so that if you had a scene that used to look fine, it'll still look fine.

Comment

I should have asked more clearly, I am wondering what the maxscript access is to figure out if a file was saved in legacy mode. I guess it is a switch (boolean)?

Thanks for the answer though.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

yeah its that thing there...
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

You can switch between the new and the old models through MaxScript, but you can't currently find out what version of V-Ray the file was saved with. Can I ask why you want to do that?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Currently we are moving our pipeline testing in RC4 to production in 1.50 , I am having problems getting the same results. The file has already had the mode set but I am not 100% sure what choice was made by the modeler when first opened.

Previously we were using a rather high sky multiplier of 4.5 to get extra skylight into the interiors, I was hoping that with the new sky model we would just lower the multiplier to 2.25 but the results are not as expected, in fact the renders are darker than RC4 even with the multiplier back at 4.5, There are possibly other factors but I would like to switch between legacy and new sky model for my testing.

Just knowing that it exists now, I am sure I can find it but it would be easier if you'd tell me.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

p.s. I do not care what version it was saved with
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

Never mind just found the option in globals.
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

We're moving over to the final today, will any old scenes default to the old method/will we be prompted/do we need to dig for checkboxes?

Comment

When you open an old scene, V-Ray will prompt you if you want to use the new settings; you can also always change this later from the Global Swtiches rollout.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                    X