DR with Backburner Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR with Backburner Help!

I have had a renderfarm with backburner set up for a number of years now. I cant seem to get backburner to work with DR not matter what I try. Perhaps someone could help or detail how the setup should be? Heres my scenario:

A is the workstation I am submitting from
    B is the remote Backburner Manager (manager running as a service)
    C is the remote Server node I am submitting to (running Server and the Spawner as a service)
    DEFGH are the distributed nodes (with only the spawner running as a service)(they don't need Server as well, correct? Will Server intefere?)

As previous posts stated I made sure the Vray_dr.cfg contains all the machine names of the slaves I want to use (I also tried IP adresses)on machine C. (Should I do this on all machines?)

On machine A First I set up my options with DR checked and the slaves I want selected. Then from A I hit netrender and connect to B. In the netrender dialog I select C to render to. I would guess that C will open the file and hook up to the slave I specified in the .cfg.

I do get a number of buckets so it seems to be connecting but none of the buckets render anything or some weird stripped gradient. (not like missing maps, there is actually nothing in the VFB except white or the strange gradient stripes, nothing resembeling my scene).

PS-If I open the file on C and use DR it renders fine! Argh!

PSS-I installed Vray1.5Final and Max9sp2 on all machines

Any ideas as to what could be wrong would be GREATLY appreciated. Definitely at wits end...

Thanks! !

-T
Working...
X