gamma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gamma

Can someone explain this? My gamma is 2.2 in both max and v-ray. This is the max frame buffer. See the gamma? it is reading .45. What does this mean and why isn't it saying 2.2?

Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

.454 is 1/2.2

Comment

Gamma

got it.. makes sense.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

gamma

another question. What is the gamma correction in the vray color rollout. I understand it is like the color correction plug-in built in, but I am not sure how to use it. I have max's gamma at 2.2 and v-ray's gamma at 2.2. Since I am already adding my gamma should this be 1 (none).
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

VRay's gamma setting is not like the color correction plug-in and doesn't affect the bitmaps, color picker, etc. It controls the display gamma for the vray VFB (and max vfb if your using that) and determines the colorspace for sampling importance (i.e., noise). You will get nearly identical images whether this is set at 1 or 2.2 once you adjust the display for each setting. This is not the case for the max gamma setting as it will affect how your bitmaps and colors receive and bounce light around the scene.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
          X