Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R4, MAX9 DR missing (or invisible) buckets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4, MAX9 DR missing (or invisible) buckets?

Hi all,
    with the above configuration, I see only one bucket per computer. However, old buckets without the white frame and the server name on them, seem to be still "changing", so it appears they may infact being calculated, but the white frame is simply invisible.

Anyone with the same problem?

Could this still be the missing bucket bug, and I still need to give MAX the command to see more cores?

If yes, could you repost that command? I cannot find the thread...

thank you

regards

gio

Sounds like it is working just whithout the borders, I seem to remeber observing this before but I am not sure.

Anyways the command is:

renderers.current.system_numThreads=4
    where the number is the number of your cores
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

actually its not really a bug, its normal behaviour. you see the bucket appear but as it makes its passes the border disappears. if you zoom in or click middle mouse button to pan the image you can actually see the buckets calculating the passes.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Da_alf,
        "Normal behaviour" in the past was that every bucket had a white border and the server name, no matter what state of calculation it was.
        If you were zooming out, then yes, maybe the name would fainth away, or part of the border would disappear.

But ultimately, at any given time, you always could have counted the precise number of buckets working (unless they were going very fast and you would lose track of them...)

Now, it is just confusing to me.

Thanks

gio

Comment

Are you using the 3ds Max VFB or the V-Ray one? The V-Ray VFB should always show the buckets properly; for the 3ds Max VFB, if you have the "Show calc. phase" option ON for the irradiance map, the preview will overwrite the bucket labels - this is how it always has been.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thats what i wanted to say but vlado made it make more sence than i did

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
            X