Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation on the .255 settings

Hi

I must admit to getting close to understanding this fully but, would someone mind checking my settings so that I am not missing something fundamental ?

Thanks

N

www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

looks proper to me...
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

i think i typically have 'affect color selector' ticked also. is this wrong?

Comment

I usually use linear multiply color mapping with gamma set to 2.2, is this incorrect also?
        Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie
          I usually use linear multiply color mapping with gamma set to 2.2, is this incorrect also?
          as long as you are saving as an 8 bit format. ...though it will be mentioned that you are not getting the full benefit of float, but this is how i often work also.

Comment

Hmmm I tested this out... I get the exact same result (float, 16 and 8 bit) whether I use linear gamma set to 2,2, gamma correction set to inverse ,4545 or gamma correction set to 2,2.

Also, how does the change in the skylight affect these things? Does the .255 thing still count with the new system?

Comment

Don't forget to reverse the polarity.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy homeless guy
                Originally posted by MoonDoggie
                as long as you are saving as an 8 bit format. ...though it will be mentioned that you are not getting the full benefit of float, but this is how i often work also.
                Please explain a bit more if you don't mind. I thought this was the correct way to work (getting full float is important to me)
                Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by JeffG2
                  hahahaha

Comment

That's madness cap'n! It could blow the chip apart!

Comment

ROFL

It's the exact same.
                      Linear with gamma 2.2, or gamma corrections withn INVERSE gamma (1/2.2) @ 0.4545 is identical.
                      He could have used the last spinner, set at 2.2 for that matter...
                      IF he reversed polarity again
                      Lele
                      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                      ----------------------
                      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

For the color swatches. he has rgp multi at 0.255 and gamma to 2.2 ? isn't that double?
                        i always thought 0.255 is roughly the same as gamma 2.2 ?
                        any1 to shed some light on this ?

Also do you have to adjust the color swatch for reflection, refraction, etc and such ?
                        My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^
                          It's the exact same.
                          Linear with gamma 2.2, or gamma corrections withn INVERSE gamma (1/2.2) @ 0.4545 is identical.
                          That's what I thought.

What about the .255 thing? http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=17824

Wasn't the sky was too dark in the older builds? How does that affect that method?

Comment

Originally posted by pixelstudio
                            For the color swatches. he has rgp multi at 0.255 and gamma to 2.2 ? isn't that double?
                            i always thought 0.255 is roughly the same as gamma 2.2 ?
                            any1 to shed some light on this ?
                            If you're talking about the gamma value at the bottom of the VRayColor map then it doesn't do anything when the gamma correction above is set to "none".

.4545 is the opposite of 2.2 mathematically speaking. multiplying something by .4545 or dividing something by 2.2 gives the same result.

Comment

hmm starting to get clear. if you would use the vrayframebfr with sRGB on would be the same as the settings for colour mapping (gamma .4545 or linear 2.2)?
                              My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Working...
                              X