Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating VRAY satin metal material

Hi,

Can anyone help?, I am trying to create a satin matt metal as the image below but seem to be having some problems.

I have looked on www.vray-materials.de but there isn't anything near to it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some more materials or give any hints how to create this.

many thanks

look for a stainless steel metal, or something like that one the materials site. Then just take the map out that gives any grain and increase the glossy.

That should give you a pretty good starting point.

A trick with metal? Metal Never looks like metal without a good environment. Take a close look at any product shots of metal on a white background and look at the environment. 90 percent of the time it's not a white environment. A good example is a stainless steel fridge. It's really hard to find one of those that isn't just a gradient in photoshop unless it's in a real environment.

Comment

To get that particular metallic look in a vray material, set diffuse to dark warm brown, set reflections to white, click fresnel reflections, unlock IOR and set it to about 4. Change Refl. glossiness between 0.6-0.7, with Subdivs at 24. And maybe some anisotropy, start about 0.5.

As for the bi-chromatic tint, either do it through the reflections, with some kind of falloff mix with red and green (you will want to increase the fresnel IOR value to compensate for not having white value for reflection), or do a shellac or vray blend material to put it on top of your metal material.
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
      X