Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour difference when stitching together blowup render

Hi,

I have been having some problems rendering an image 7000 pixels x 7000 pixels. This size has been a problem for max so \i have ended up using a script that renedrs in patches that I then stitch back together.

The problem is the patches are different colours.

I have been told I need to "lock your GI solution, this way, no new samples will be added to the image during rendertime. This means doing a full resolution prepass, save the GI, then locking the solution for the final strips."

How do I do this????

many thanks in advance.

go to your irradiance map rollout and youll see an option to save the irradiance map. Youll see the same thing for light cache if thats what your using. There's then an option to load a file, which is what you would do, before doing your blowup renders.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

No need to use blowup on such a small rendering. You should be able to use strip rendering at 7000 px.

You need to pre-render and save your IR and LC map (if used for glossy acceleration). Then load them and run your strip pass.

Or just use QMC/QMC and do it in one pass.

This is pretty basic stuff, you might do well to search for these topics.
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Thanks for that, and also thanks for the input on the metal material.

I have done the pre-pass etc but I am now having problems running backburner, I cant load the manager. This is the first time I have used it on a vista machine. This is the error I am getting:-

Regards

Brett

Comment

When doing IR maps for stuff like that, and find its faster and even looks better to ramp your settings up to high and do it on a 1000px wide version.

Comment

I don't know that backburner error... Looks like a network permissions thing. I have really good IT help when I run into these kind of problems.
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Normally I would be running on XP, but I am trying to do some bits at home which is Vista which I'm sure isn't supported for max.

I have had a look through some of the vista forums and it does seem like a network permissions issue.

Ill keep searching. I really would like to get the backburner running at home

Comment

Have you tried using "run as administrator" ?
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Tried that.

No good.

Comment

Working...
                  X