Development poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development poll

This is a small question to the users of V-Ray & Hairtrix, please let us know what you think!

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Direct rendering with V-Ray of Hairtrix hair & fur
    0.00%
    Improvements in the existing VRayFur
    70.59%
    Both
    29.41%
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

I my opinion, I prefer a strong VrayFur than the implementation of a high-cost plug ins...

Best regards...
    My Flickr

Comment

I put both because, having Vray do all this hair work when someone else already did a big portion of it will take time away from other development. If you use a third party hair plugin, it needs to have:

- Really good hair dynamics
      - Good solid grooming techniques
      - Speed, etc...

That way vray can concentrate on the render part of it.

It should also follow the Vray pipeline concept such as
      - License server
      - Free render nodes

But the VrayFur plugin could be improved o have basic features that people can use for things like grass.

Comment

im agreeing with cpnichols

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

same opinion like christopher.
          i do love vray-fur, although it's quite slow at the moment (esp. with the tapering technique vlado described )

ale

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

I agree with chris, but also add that, improving fur in vray will benefit vray in other apps, like maya, xsi and where else vray is ported to. Hairtrix is only 3ds max...
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
              I agree with chris, but also add that, improving fur in vray will benefit vray in other apps, like maya, xsi and where else vray is ported to. Hairtrix is only 3ds max...
              110% agree...
              My Flickr

Comment

both is my pick.
                Vlado maybe have a look at the Grass o matic plugin by syssiphus. Its a free max plugin but the ideas behind it work extremely well and renders well too.
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Well as allways, i love those little Questions of Vlado, because a few weeks later, theres a new Christmas present....

well i would like both,

but wouldnt it be possible, to make the max build-in shave and haircut available with any way of renderprimitive for vray ?

Comment

Originally posted by tom schuelke
                    but wouldnt it be possible, to make the max build-in shave and haircut available with any way of renderprimitive for vray ?
                    Currently, this is not possible as we have no access to Hair & Fur.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've heard that joe alter is a bit of a pain to deal with - hence why splutterfish never finished off their shave implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by tom schuelke

Yes, I agree with you. I find the built-in solution really effective. I dealt with Ornatrix in the past and i must say my experience with shave and haircut is really pleasant. Plus, u dont need to install anything in the renderfarm, nor caring about plugin updates and what not. I understand autodesk must be quite picky bout letting 3rd party developers access the code, but for me, developing the bridge between the integrated max hair system and vray would definitely be the way to go and far more convenient than the other solutions.

However, if I have to choose Hairtrix or Vrayfur, i prefer vrayfur because it´s integrated with vray. For more complicated shots, we can always use hair and fur in "geometry mode".

How did mental images achieve this level of integration between max and mental ray? You can use a mental ray primitive with MAx's Hair and fur. Is it impossible for Chaosgroup to reach some agreements for further integration between the 2 systems?
                        My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                        Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                        Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

I chose to have VRay fur improved. This has proven useful to us on several projects, both for grass and short fur. And as mentioned this would benefit all VRay versions, not just the max version.

Also, we don't even use Hairtrix, but are using a mix of HairFX and the built in Shave and a haircut implementation in Max.
                          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I vote for both but I'd prefer some improvements with the built in Max hair system. Even if just a tiny amount.

Comment

Hello,
                              The problem now is to know when we could have this feature implemented in Vray... 1 year, 2 years, more ???
                              It's a big problem, in this time maybe Autodesk will accept Chaosgroup to have access to the Max Fur code...

I fade up with Autodesk...
                              Chaosgroup, you should create your own 3D software... Maybe we would lose less time with...
                              I know, it's just a dream.

Bye
                              Gael

Comment

Working...
                              X