Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray and FINALTOON

Anyone has tried vray + finaltoon?
    I am having problems with camera views. It works fine just with perspective view..if I use a max camera it doesnt render any lines
    It works fine with the scanline.

Have u the same troubles?

It was working at some point when I've tried it, but I'm not sure about the latest versions. What kind of camera are you using?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Max Standard Targeted Camera. Vray 1.5RC3. FinalToon 2.0. It is very strange it seems a bug...'cause out of camera view with vray everything is ok. At moment its not a very drawnback as I can change the view to perspective and I dont miss anything...the point is using exposure with vray camera ... I guess it wont be possible .

Comment

It's really odd! I create a new scene and it's working.
        I checked all the params with the scene not working and the one does... all the same! what change is the geometry...One is max primiteve, the other meshes from Autocad. I cant understand.

Comment

umhhh making some trials...

It seems a scale/size problem.
          If u have small object at x distance from camera it works
          If u have an object say 100 times bigger but at the same x-relative distance from camera It dosent work. But Just with Vray. The problem goes away if u switch the current camera view to a perspective.

Comment

What if you specify clipping planes for the camera explicitly? Also, is your camera itself scaled or not?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

clipping manually works perfectly!
              any ideas for to explain strange behaviour and just with vray?

Comment

I suppose it's because V-Ray does not care about clipping distances, except when they are explicitly specified. However, the scanline renderer always uses clipping, which is set to automatic values if the user has not specified it.

Apparently FinalToon uses the clipping distances for its own calculations, but if they are not specified explicitly, V-Ray just puts some fixed values, which may or may not be suitable for the scene.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Setting the clipping planes in the camera has always fixed it for me too.

Comment

Info for others who may be searching on this...

3ds Max Design 2009 - VRAY 1.50 SP2 - Finaltoon2

Adding clipping plane again allows finaltoon2 to work with Vray... woot!

Comment

RC3 or SP3beta? seems to me a whole lot has changed since RC3

---------------------------------------------------
                      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Well, another problem

Has anybody managed to get the finaltoon rendering edges for vray proxies?

Comment

This will probably not work; finalToon works only with plain mesh objects. It is basically a separate renderer so it has no way to recognize the proxies. VRayToon will work in this case though.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Working...
                          X