Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wibu dongle doesnt install on win2003 r2 server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wibu dongle doesnt install on win2003 r2 server?

tried to install Vray 1.5 Sp1 Licensserver along with WibuKey Donglesoftware on our Win 2003 R2 Server, then (as described) plugged the dongles in but it doesn´t find the appropriate drivers for them. Wibusoftware seems to work fine but can`t find the dongles.

Updated Wibu-Software to 5.20b (5.20a also officially supports Win2003server...), doesn´t help. Tried different plugs on usb-hub, direct Mainboard-USB-sockets, doesn`t help either.

All Dongles work without any problems on lokal WinXP64 Systems!

Matthias

Hi Matthias,
    Try forcing a hardware scan in the device manager mmc. We also have had that problem and only forcing a scan would he detect the wibu-keys.

Best regards,
    Daniel
    Daniel Santana | Co-Founder / Technical Director
    You can do it! VFX
    Lisbon/Porto - Portugal
    http://www.ycdivfx.com

Comment

talked to the wibu supporthotline (wibu is about 100km close to our office, i´m shure they can hear us swearing....) several times now.
      still doesn´t work. uninstalled and reinstalled even manually as adviced in detail by the wibu-guis, but still doesn´t like to recognize the dongles under win_server2003_r2_32bit. still works fine when plugged to local workstations.
      there seams to be a conflict as the system doesn´t accept the wibukey.inf
      is there any possibility to get an softwarelicense for the fileserver like in the good old days?
      matthias

Comment

had to manually uninstall the wibukey-software (also wibu doesn´t know why), also there had to be an REBOOT of the server (stop backburnerjobs, slaves, logg of all users, exchange down...) really nasty.

after the reinstall the wibukeys were recognized correctly, also from the remote 3dworkstations.

vray licensing still didn´t work till i found out that the vray license service was registered but had to be STARTED MANUALLY....

it might be helpfull update the License Installation Manual (reboot on WinServer and manually starting the licenseservice needed)

well, it works at last
        matthias

Comment

I'm glad that it worked out in the end; we have tested the dongles on win 2003 server, but all seemed to go fine without so many problems... we will add these tips to the pdf guide though.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X