colored glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colored glass

I have always struggled with colored glass. I am not sure why. I need to replicate the glass material in the first photo. I was having no luck at all. I finally gave up, and went to a standard material, with a vraymat in the reflection slot, and a 30% opacity. It may work for the time being, but it renders slow, and doesn’t look stellar. An example of that is in the second attachment.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to create the glass in the first photo?

I was considering using my standard glass material, and rendering a mask, and tinting in photoshop, but I imagine guessing there is a way to get this material right.

ts.
    Attached Files

You can try a VRayMtl material with reflections and a VRayColor map in the Opacity slot.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You can do this with a VRayMtl:

Click image for larger version

Name:	glass1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	841444

Click image for larger version

Name:	glass2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	841445

The trick is in the fog mult.(this is heavily dependant on your scene units), fog color, and the refract color...also note the diffuse is completely black. A little bit of balancing should get you what you need.
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

Just how I do mine! except I always make the refract 100 white and use a falloff/fresnel in the reflect for better control, but fog is the way forward. I agree with beestee, the multiplier is very unit dependant, and near on every scene needs a little tweek.

Comment

Working...
        X