Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2d Object Motion Blur ?

Hello friends !

I know that vray calculates a real motion blur in realationship between the camera and all the objects, a real 3d motion blur. Please correct me and bring more light if I am wrong.

Is it in the last version possible, to use just object motion blur like in the 3dsmax scanline render ?

thx for every little help,
    bernhard
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Yep, just use the Motion blur render effect.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hmm...

yeah, thx vlado, but if I use that option, I do have image motion blur, or ?
      I mean, I can't seperate and tell vray, hey, please just make motion blur on that specific object, so make object motion blur....

is that possible in the new version ?

thx vlado,
      bernhard
      www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

your trying to get object motion blur (which is technically 3d motion blur) on a per object level like how scanline does it by going into object properties right?

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

yes

@Da_elf:

Yes, exactly, that's what I want to achive.

We still have RC3 running, and I made one render with the default scanline render, checked object motion blur in the properties, for the specific objects. It renders really fast and nice.

But we use mainly vray of course (my favorite too - hehe) and with vray, oh my god, it took 100times longer for one image. I think, it's because it calculates the real 3d motion blur, and that takes much longer.

But I would prefer to have an option, the same as in the scnaline render, simply pick the objects and choose object motion blur. And gues what, it's really fast and looks very good to me.

I've tried to do the same with vray, but unfortunately no way.
          So I was thinking, hey... maybe because we still use RC3, maybe there are new features for this in the final Vray version....

thx for your help guys,
          really appreciate that much,
          bernhard
          www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

Well, V-Ray does by default motion blur on the entire scene; you cannot enable motion blur for a specific object only; however you can disable it for a number of objects.

To do this, in the V-Ray object settings dialog, disable the "Use default moblur samples" and then set "Moblur samples" to 1. This will effectively disable motion blur due to motion of the object(s). Of course, you need motion blur to be on in general, in order to produce moblur for the rest of the objects.

This will not disable motion blur due to camera motion though.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X