Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Ivy

Hi everyone..

Any one had sucess with gwivy in render network? I have the dlo of gwIvy in ever render node, but don't render... only localy..
    Nicolau Pais www.id3d.pt

My current hardware setup: HP Z820 32-Core Dual E5-2670 128GB RAM - NVIDIA® Quadro K5000

sorry, had no success either today.
    hope someone has an answer.
    max 9 + vray

Comment

Make sure that the plugin is installed on all of the machines on the network work. For DR, collapse it to a poly object (you have to check "visible edges" or something like in the ivy generator for it to work though).
      Last edited by dlparisi; 02-12-2007, 12:57 PM.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Install on every machine and then convert your Ivy to an editable mesh before you submit. Thats how I have got it to work!

If you don't convert then the Ivy will move to another location in your scene. No idea why!

www.buildmedia.co.nz

Comment

I don´t have the latest Ivy build installed. But i noticed some problems with Ivy 0.76b and Network rendering..
          1. The Ivy object won´t render if the Ivy root is not in sight of the camera in the first frame
          of the animation.
          2. The Ivy object is shifted to the world pivot when using network rendering.

My solutions for the moment. Take car the Ivy object is in sight of the camera in the first frame. Place the Ivy Object at the world pivot by default and shift the rest of the scene
          until it´s in the desired location. when taking care of these issues, it works fine
          http://sorceress.netfrag.org/optix/grow_Ivy_grow.avi

cheers,
          Last edited by samuel_bubat; 03-12-2007, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmeh View Post
            Install on every machine and then convert your Ivy to an editable mesh before you submit. Thats how I have got it to work!

If you don't convert then the Ivy will move to another location in your scene. No idea why!

Same solution here, but we keep the original ivy object intact on a seperate layer that is turned off, just in case it needs some tweaking
            Ben Steinert
            pb2ae.com

Comment

Originally posted by beestee View Post
              Same solution here, but we keep the original ivy object intact on a seperate layer that is turned off, just in case it needs some tweaking
              Good idea!

I have not managed to edit the ivy after I have generated it. As soon as I drop the ivy and then reselect I cant edit! :S hmmm... obviously I am doing something wrong!

EDIT: What do you know! I was doing something wrong! Got it going!
              Last edited by Timmeh; 03-12-2007, 12:38 PM.
              www.buildmedia.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Timmeh View Post
                Good idea!

I have not managed to edit the ivy after I have generated it. As soon as I drop the ivy and then reselect I cant edit! :S hmmm... obviously I am doing something wrong!

EDIT: What do you know! I was doing something wrong! Got it going!
                when you generate the ivy the life slider will go up. when you try to regenerate it just set the life back to 0

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                X