Batch Render and V-Ray raw image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Render and V-Ray raw image

I have a scene that's been set up with multiple scene states. All the scene states do is to move the camera and light for different shots. Normally it's no issue rendering with normal output to jpg/png but how do you get it to write a vrimg file instead?

Obviously it overwrites the last file since the output is set up in the V-Ray frame buffer and not in the batch renderer.

As I write this I see I can set it to output the file to open exr so I will see if that works. I would like to have the render elements layers as well.
    Max 8 SP3
    V-Ray 1.5 SP2
    WinXP SP3
    Dual Xeon 3.4GHz
    2GB RAM

I gues it will work with the preset in batch; if you set a renderpreset, only saving the rendering part for each scene state with different output in the vray raw output field. havnt tried it but...

/Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

Comment

Yes, you can use the MAX default presets for that. Just make your states, cameras, etc, set the rendering and put in the VRIMG name in the frame buffer. Then Save the preset and use it in the Batch render dialog where you make your queue of shots...

I personally use it a lot and it works just fine, DR included as well.

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

if u'll set output in vray frame buffer when vrayimg will output frame numer in file name. i usualy change frame number in batch render shots, so vray wont overwrite the files.
        -= hellostudio.eu =-

Comment

@zipper
          i've tried your solution and i think it's more fast the others...but... if i change frame number for every image/camera and press render, i receive for every image an advice to remember me that i'm rendering a frame sequence with no file-sequence assigned.

So if i batch render by night (while i'm sleeping. ) i obtain only one image..and 3dsmax ask me if i want to continue or not..

How do you do for workaround this??

Comment

Working...
          X