animation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animation question

I've been working on a scene for a while which was originally done as a still, I've been asked to turn it into an animation and I figured that would be pretty easy. My setup is:
    -Physical Camera; type=video
    -IR map
    -LC
    -IES lights
    -Adaptive DMC, Catmull-Rom

The problem is when I set my LC to Fly-through my image totally changes into something that looks nothing like what it should. I've rendered out what it should look like and then what it does look like once I change that one parameter. Anyone know what is going on and how I get around this?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by devin; 06-12-2007, 04:10 PM.

It will only look like that on the first frame, during the calculation phase of the light cache. The rendering itself will be fine.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Have you checked out the tutorial section?

Care to post your images?

Is this an interior or exterior scene?

Have you increased your LC samples?

Edit: Hah. To Slow. Was typing during an LC calculation.
      Last edited by sea2stars; 06-12-2007, 04:16 PM.

Comment

also sharpening aa filters might not be the best of options for an animated solution!
        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
        nuno@ene-digital.com
        00351 917593145

Comment

I haven't done too many animations with Vray yet so I'm still learning but the ones I have done never looked like this one during the pre-calculation phase, is there any particular reason why it's doing it this time?

What filter would work best in this situation?

Comment

Because its doing all frames at once instead of just one static one - dont worry about it.

I dont use any filters for animation, just turn it off.

Comment

as long as filtering goes I wouldn't turn it off altogether, it may cause some nasty flickering. you may want to try quadratic, video, area.. or any non sharpening one.
              I guess that rendering just a short sequence of frames would be a good idea to see what king of filter, or no filter at all, works best for you.

Comment

Working...
              X