Network License Issue\Question\Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network License Issue\Question\Suggestion

If there is a problem with the VRLservice why does everyone lose thier license? I can see it not issueing any licenses but allowing users that already have licenses to continue to work as is the case with the FLEXLM license manager.

Its not a good situation to have 20 people lose licenses because the vrlservice needs resarting.

Oh and why would it be necessary to restart the service? Are there things that could cause it to fail?

Thanks!!!

-T

First of all, which V-Ray version are you using and what OS is the VRLServer running on?

Second, V-Ray does not permanently take out a license when you start 3ds Max. The license is taken when you start a rendering, or when you open the renderer UI, and released when the rendering is finished or the renderer UI closed, respectively. This has some advantages, and obviously, disadvantages. Perhaps this could be made into an option.

Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

I hope you didnt take the tone of my post as harsh! It wasnt meant to be. You guys are great and it is apprecitated very much! (Especially the Backburner\DR hookup!@!!!!!)

I do have this problem that if something happens to the license server users will lose the rendering or not be able to see the interface.

In max if the license manager is interupted it wont issue new licenses but users that already had one get to keep it.

It is useful for it to check and recover a license thats not in use but I'm curious to find a way to keep my people working uninterupted.

I am using Vray 1.5 sp1 on the workstations (XP 32 and 64) and the server is on Windows Server 2003

Best regards,

Thomas

Comment

Working...
      X