quad core and vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quad core and vray

Does vray split the quad core into 4 while rendering? Does it do it in xp pro (regular not 64x) I know nothing about processors anymore Im trying to buy a new computer and Im totally confused
    Thanks Tina

Hi

yes it does, you will see four Buckets..

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

thanks!. Does anyone have any recommendations for a new laptop. Im going to be traveling this summer and need to take my work with me. I have an older dell m60 which sucks and I looking at a bunch of diff alternatives. Dell doesnt seem like such a big deal now and there cust. service sucks. Ive gotten a quote on a really cool computer from alienware and then I found this vigor atlantis which actually uses desktop chips in it so you can select a quad core. I dont know if running a desktop chip in a laptop matters. they also both support dual chip video and raid. I know they are gaming computers but It seems like the dell mobile workstations arent that great so I wanted to try something new. Any thoughts anyone? Also both gaming computers use nvidia and im a ati fan but not an hp fan so I am going to have to figure out an alternative. thx!
      Thanks Tina

Comment

You do know that Alienware was bought by Dell not too long ago, right?
        They still work seperatly though.

As for your question: I have no idea about laptops and chipsets/processors.
        www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
        @home:
        / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
        / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
        @work:
        / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
        Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
        / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

i Know I just found that out... figures.
          Thanks Tina

Comment

check this out

this is still my current labtop i used it when i studyied abroad and i could still render these new ones are a bit priccy but neverthless it lasted me 5 years. and to this day its running nice. Check out this systme its a nice quad core labtop.

http://www.xtremenotebooks.com/index...&model_id=1266
            Ruben Gil
            www.spvisionz.com
            www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Working...
            X