Missing QMC aka DMC in Dropdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing QMC aka DMC in Dropdown

Is it new to the latest build that choosing DMC from the V-Ray:: Indirect Illumination section is not an option? I am running Max 2008 and I don't have the option of choosing DMC as a GI engine for Primary or Secondary bounce. Attached image is from a DVD from Gnomon Workshops 'Global Illumination: Exteriors' which I chose to study lighting and VRay.

My guess is that the option is not available and that DMC can ony be used for Secondary bounce. In which case one would set the Secondary bounce GI engine to 'None' and under V-Ray:: Image sampler Antialiasing chose Adaptive DMC and make some decisions in the V-Ray: Adaptive DMC image samples.

The screenshot is too small to see, but basically Quasi-Monte Carlo is listed in both the Primary and Secondary GI engine slot.

Thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thank you,
    susanmoses
    Attached Files
    Last edited by susanmoses; 12-01-2008, 07:57 PM. Reason: image too small

Oh, so the attached image is not your latest VRay build displaying the exiled "Quasi Monte Carlo" term? You know, to comply with today's leading marketing standards, the term QMC was systematically nuked from VRay. :P And in later builds, in GI, the DMC has been renamed to the much more rugged sounding "Bruteforce", and expected to be changed to the even more rugged "Hardcore" or "Come get some" lines.

Anyway to be a bit more serious, Bruteforce should be there, and it's pretty much for the same use as QMC was before. But I don't think using bruteforce for both engines is a good idea. Lightcache in the second would look so much better. :P

Best regards,

A.
    credit for avatar goes here

Comment

Ahh thank you Aldaryn... I usually use Irradiance Map and Light Cache... and actually QMC had some copyright issues... but I was curious. So many tuts out there use the tern Quasi-Monte Carlo GI... so as a newbie with the latest build and old 'toots' it can be a bit confusing... line 'em up... hahaha...
      Last edited by susanmoses; 13-01-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Copyright issues? Oh man...

Best regards,

A.
        credit for avatar goes here

Comment

Originally posted by susanmoses View Post
          Is it new to the latest build that choosing DMC from the V-Ray:: Indirect Illumination section is not an option?
          Just use the "Brute force" option, it plays the same role.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X