Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading to max 2008, how to?

Hello:

I have just recived the max 2008 upgrade, and now i wonder... I would like to keep max 9 with Vray untill i check and migrate all my work to 2008. Can i work with both max9 and 2008 with one dongle license from Vray? If not. Do i have to uninstall first the max9 vray version?

Thank you, is my first time upgrading with vray and would like to do everything right.

Bye

Yes you can have more than one version of Max on the same machine. Just install Max 2008 and then download and install VRay for 2008. Works fine here.

Dan
    Dan Brew

Comment

historically we have always kept the previous version of max on our machines when upgrading to a new version and have never had any licensing problems for either vray or max. however my autodesk reseller just told me an absolute horror story with regards to max 2008. he said that when upgrading and i go to authorise max 2008 it will remove my max 9 licence - this would be an absolute disaster. is he right? (yes i know this is a max issue and not vray but im just asking for experiences)
      http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Glass-Canvas,
        We have max 8, 9, and 2008 on our workstations, and have had no conflicts with licensing. (using stand-alone licensing.)
        Derik Bibb
        Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
        International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

It works!

I have it all running here. Don't know what's your problem is. Max 9, Max 2008. Both 32bit and 64bit.

Comment

Working...
          X