Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image for hoarding

Hi,

I need to render an image that will be placed on a hoarding around one of our sites. The final image will be 4820mm x 2400mm and the marketing Co. are telling me I need a 300dpi image at 25% of the full size.

Frankly I find that hard to believe, and am not sure my machine will do that! I've read some threads relating to rendering images for large print but if anyone can help I'd be obliged............need to send this off soon!

Thanks,

Trev

use backburner to split the image

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Also, just because that's the size they ask for doesn't mean that's the size you need to render out. Do your bitmaps even have enough resolution to support that output resolution?

Photoshop can do a pretty good job of scaling it up as long as it's not too extreme (they won't even notice it I would think). If need be there are some plugins available that can somewhat intelligently scale up an image in photoshop that keeps edges sharp and avoids just blurring the image (alien skin blow-up comes to mind).
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hi

there are a few scripts around, check out this one ... http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/super-render

Natty
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

But thinking about it i rendered an image 5000x5000 straight out of max not so long ago ..
          Depends on your memory i guess .. if you have any problems drop me a line and well render it for you
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

just disable the render to memory frame buffer and render it to an vray raw image file!
            Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
            nuno@ene-digital.com
            00351 917593145

Comment

All our images for marketing are rendered out at 5000 on the longest side, and we never have any problems.

In addition to suggestions mentioned above, increase your dynamic memory limit, maybe consider using proxie's and reduce your bucket size.

It mostly about ram size, optimize bitmaps,models and the scene in general scene.

Hope these are useful.

Comment

Thanks all,

Having found someone at the hoarding Co. that know what they're talking about, 5000 would be fine!

Cheers,

Trev

Comment

Turning off any frame buffers helps as well to save RAM and if you have back burner installed using the Strips option really speeds things up....
                  Two heads are better than one ...
                  ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

As a quick addon turning off the vray VFB doesnt necessarily get rid of non visible max VFBs. So the least memory is used by the following:

-On the common tab set the image size to 1x1 (that way max's internal VFBs will be 1x1)
                    -In the VRay VFB settings turn off "render to memory vfb"
                    -Also uncheck "get res from max" and enter the needed resolution

This way Max's internal framebuffers (mind you they are full precision and full res!) consume a minmum of ram.

Regards,
                    Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                    X