Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelance advice

He

Im planning to start after my 8-5 work, as a freelancer.
    Im living in Belgium. I make house drawings for the last 10 Years en the last 3 years i started with 3dstudio. I bought the soft, now want to make some extra cash of my hobby.

Anywone have some tips.

thanks greets domi.

Network as much as you can and get a contract to cover yourself with deliverables and payment schedules.
    Cheers
    Mike K
    Two heads are better than one ...
    ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Start hanging out with architects...
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago View Post
        Start hanging out with architects...
        But make sure you've had all your shots...

Comment

Have you got a website? always handy to have as quick reference ..
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by natty View Post
            Have you got a website? always handy to have as quick reference ..
            I have just finish one, i's online now www.dorensy.be
            Not like a pro site but good for starting i think.

by the way it's in dutch for now

Comment

Good start dude ..

I find contacting architects and designers personally and sending them a PDF of your work directly really helps... if you go through website and get the normal info@design.com you send your email off to them and who reads it ? normally the person who sorts the post and knows nothing of what they are looking at ... and bins it.. go for the personal touch and straight to the right person..

Good luck
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I would suggest that depending on the type of work you want to get that you also target large design & build companies, property developers, housing companies etc in addition to architects and designers. I've found that architects may be the most fussy and drag things on a bit when it comes to finalising projects where developers and marketing companies etc are looking more at the overall impression instead of just making design decisions while you produce 20 revisions because they cant make up their mind :P

So i guess architects/ designers are great for you to create nice work that can be used in your folio, but also targeting builders etc who may not be so particular can be good for cashflow.

I dunno how well the mass-mail/email thing works either. And many people dont look at CD/DVD's because it is too hard since they are used to pampered existences away from the PC on the golfcourse "networking" with other rich assholes :P

individual approach works best. make an appointment to meet some people and showcase your work and have an answer regarding 'price' instead of leaving it open because then they will think that your price scales depending on the size of their wallet. Nice business cards works for some of the bigger wankers out there as well and make sure your website is on it

Hope that helps but i guess most of that is commonsense?

Comment

Freelance

I went to your site and it looks great! I was big into flash, but when I realized search engines can not find it I stopped.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

lovely website! some advise in dutch : bij de kamer van koophandel kun je lijsten kopen met projectontwikkelaars en architecten. kun je die een mailing sturen oid weet niet of dit in belgie ook zo is?.

Glorybound, i think there are some ways to have google find your website even if it is in flash.
                    Also, did you do the animation complety in flash? i have been bussy with flash also and maybe you can share some tips ? hehe
                    My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

If you use dynamic webcontent (text) google will trace it

I learn allot from lynda.com there flash cource
                      Last edited by sharpcube; 23-01-2008, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X