Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support section temporarily offline

Hello,

Some of you may have received emails about changed passwords for the support section on our site, and some passwords appear to have been changed. This does not appear to have been done by our team.

We are temporarily closing the support section of the site until we investigate this. If you need access to the latest V-Ray builds, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com

We apologize for the inconvenience and I hope this will be resolved and back to normal quickly.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

vlado, do we have to log in with the new email passwords and change them after downtime? or do you play back our old passwords (if this is possible) ?
    max 9 + vray

Comment

In any case the passwords will have to be reset; they are not kept in any readable form on the server and so cannot be retrieved directly.

First, however, we have to investigate what exactly happened and take measures to prevent such cases in the future.

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

ok. thx. so you will send another email with a new password after reset?
        max 9 + vray

Comment

I just got a call from the company I was working for in the past. They were asking me if i tried to get a new password for their account. They got a mail including my name with the new password. The guy I talked to told me that my name is no longer present in their account.
          It was changed when I left 3 years ago.
          So I have no clue how my name got into their e-mail !! Hopefully all the other mails people
          may have received don´t include my name ?!

Comment

So far I have received 3 of these emails:

The first 1/23/2008 7:19 PM
            The second 1/23/2008 11:07 PM
            The third 1/24/2008 6:12 AM

Comment

I've already got a couple of them.

Comment

I got my third this morning

Comment

mee too

I have 3 so far...
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have two emails for each of my accounts.

Vlado: I PMed you regarding this, but quickly deleted it after finding this thread. Hopefully you won't receive my PM.

Comment

Well, so far it looks that someone has been abusing the forgotten password link; we'll probably have to add some additional check for this (e.g. some kind of visual control) to avoid this in the future. The emails are the same emails that you would get if you used the forgotten password link on the support section. Since the emails were sent by our server directly to you, it is unlikely that this information got to anyone else.

It does not appear that any additional harm has been done, but we are still checking things out just to make sure. The support section is now back online, but the forgotten password link is disabled. If you have any further problems logging in, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Last edited by vlado; 24-01-2008, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I received a few under a log in I have not used for the last 3 years and figured i was being phished.
                        Cheers
                        Mike K
                        Two heads are better than one ...
                        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

just got my third email 10 minutes ago... now I have 3... support page was down whole day but is up again now.
                          hope you fix that.

Comment

We've deleted all messages from the mail server queue now so you will not get further emails; if you have problems logging in, please use the updated forgotten password link. For any further assistance, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com

Again, apologies for the disturbance.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

count me in on that one too...sounds like hacky hacky to me.
                              Dmitry Vinnik
                              Silhouette Images Inc.
                              ShowReel:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                              X