MultiMatte and Opacity mapped leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MultiMatte and Opacity mapped leaves.

I thought I saw the answer to this somewhere... I've searched and read most of the MultiMatte topics and couldn't find it.

Is there a way to get multimatte to trace the alpha of an opacity mapped material instead of the geometry plane it is mapped to?

Some of our older Onyx trees have mapped leaves instead of geometry and we would love for them to show up in a matte pass correctly.

thanks

use the script "render mask 4.1" from scriptspot. you also have to use a script to assign the wire color red/green/blue. you can get those on scriptspot, too.

watch the tutorial and all your wishes come true.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

thanks Maxxer

We use the RenderMask script now and love it. I just thought I had seen a thread regarding multimatte and opacity maps. It would be nice to run just the single pass and be done with it.

Comment

it's not quite as good but the wirecolor element will take into account opacity maps so you just have to make your colours RGB or something quite keyable.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
          it's not quite as good but the wirecolor element will take into account opacity maps so you just have to make your colours RGB or something quite keyable.
          joconnel please tell me what's not good with the script? I didn't made any bad expirences.

best regards
          themaxxer
          Pixelschmiede GmbH
          www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Ah no I'm saying the wirecolour element isn't quite as good as using lots of multimatte or rendermask bits since to have more than 3 elements in wirecolour you have to move away from the 3 rgb colours and you have to rely on keying to select an object - sometimes you get dodgy edges.

Haven't tried rendermask yet myself, it sounds good.

Comment

One of the nice features of render mask is that it gives you the option to do the pass in scanline. It goes really quickly. I don't know about AA quality though. I guess that would be the breaking point.

Comment

both AA and MBlur wont match in post so you're most likely going to face edges when doing post corrections.

Kind Regards,
                Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                X