bath render to vrimg format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bath render to vrimg format

is there a way to batch render vrimg files? ...or do they need to be rendered one at a time? it would be nice if i can just hit render and walk away since i have a group of 20 elevations that need to be rendered to vrimg format.

How are you going to set up the batch rendering? If it is organized as frames of an animation, then it is not a problem.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

In any case, there's a "batch render" option under the render menu...
      That works, particularly in conjunction with scene states and render panel presets (to which you can save the output image path, amongst other things, and then assign a preset to a render job).
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        How are you going to set up the batch rendering? If it is organized as frames of an animation, then it is not a problem.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        right now they are organized as individual cameras, and i was looking to do a more traditional batch render.

...but i still don't understand how organizing it as my cameras for frames of an animation will help. if i render an animation of 20 frames, does vray ____ the vrimg file, even though the vrimg file is under the vray frame buffer dialog, and not max common parameters?

if this is documented in the manual, i will be happy to read about it there, but i didn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          In any case, there's a "batch render" option under the render menu...
          That works, particularly in conjunction with scene states and render panel presets (to which you can save the output image path, amongst other things, and then assign a preset to a render job).
          ...but does this work while rendering to vrimg? ...or can i render to exr, and still acess the vray render elements such as vrayrawlighting, vrayrawdiffuse for compositing back together.

i know i can write a exr with this information directly from the vray frame buffer rollout, but is this information stored in the exr even if the exr is written out of the batch render dialog?

...i haven't purchased ProEXR yet, but that would certainly give me a reason to.

Comment

It sure should do.
            As saving a preset for the render dialog saves potentially every path, map and semi-obscure setting in the render panel rollout(S), you will be able to save as many presets as the shots, and then in the batch render assign to each shot its camera and its aptly named preset.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

ok, i think i got it. thanks for the excellent tip.

i will try it later today. our network is being upgraded, including our machine with the vray license server.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                It sure should do.
                As saving a preset for the render dialog saves potentially every path, map and semi-obscure setting in the render panel rollout(S), you will be able to save as many presets as the shots, and then in the batch render assign to each shot its camera and its aptly named preset.
                i am really struggling to figure out the render dialog presets. mainly, how do i save them? ...i know where the vray presets are, but the batch render does not read those, it is looking for the saved presets at the max level, which i can't find.

...banging my head against a wall.

....am i just an idiot?

Comment

nevermind, i found that also. it only took me an hour. i was an idiot.

Comment

lmao man!
                    Ever heard of the expression "hidden in plain sight"?
                    It actually does work often enough XD
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Strangely enough I still think of baths when I read this thread

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        Strangely enough I still think of baths when I read this thread

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        i just noticed the typo. whoops. funny though.

Comment

Working...
                        X