Vlado... SSS settings for skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlado... SSS settings for skin?

You mentioned a while back that you were working on a tutorial for sss and human skin. I was wondering if - in the mean time - you might just give a quick idea of some basic setting to achieve a good skin shader with the VRayMtl. I'm using the real sss and not the fastsss because I need the back light translucency.

I'm pulling my hair out here ( you can see in my avatar how my hair is looking thinner) trying to work through the interrelation of refraction amount to the fog multiplier and/or translucency light multiplier and the relationship of exit color and back-side color, etc, etc & etc.

Maybe you could just post a pict of the settings of what you would consider to be a good, average skin shader setup. That would help considerably. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by JeffG2; 28-01-2008, 01:24 PM.

There are plenty of SSS Tutorials on the web, all serving as a basis for good skin, and all applicable to vray. The best way is step by step getting the translucency right (ie. get each level of translucency correct before moving onto the next starting with "back color" then "deep color" then "shallow color")
    Colin Senner

Comment

Yes, here is one of the tests that I like:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/scenes/skin_test.rar

As you can see, I am using the box as a guide to see how to set up the fog/fog multiplier so as to get a "skin-deep" sss effect. If you want to control the strength of the effect, you can map the Translucency color with a map which is brighter where you want to get the effect more pronounced, and then play with the "light multiplier" parameter for the sss.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Last edited by vlado; 28-01-2008, 02:24 PM.
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X