Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlado... follow-up to your sss skin

Vlado,

Thanks so much for the skin shader you posted a few days ago!!! It has helped me considerably.

I have a few brief questions that I will illustrate with a render. The image is forced perspective so all the figures can be seen together.

When I opened your file, the head is about 62 feet tall! (The default file scale is set to U.S. inches)

1. I brought in a figure at about normal size (Figure #1 - 80") and the shader behaves poorly - coloration and contrast are off and interior geometry hurts the sss effect.

2. I brought in a second figure and scales it up (Figure #2 - 240") and the shader behaves slightly better - but the interior geometry still hurts the sss effect.

3. The third figure (Figure #3 - 3542") looks pretty good! This figure is the same scale as the head included in your file.

The SSS seems to be fairly scale sensitive. Is there a reason you are working at such a large scale?

If not, how can the shader be made to work right at a normal scale?

Sorry for the long winded post and thank for any help!

(Below) Final image - skin is starting to look pretty good - but the figure is 259.25 feet tall!

You need to adjust the fog multiplier to your particular scene scale.

For the model I was using, the scale of the scene was way off, which is why I used the box at the side as a helper.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      adjust the fog multiplier to your particular scene scale
      Thanks!!!

Fog Multiplier ... that's what I needed.

Comment

For any interested parties out there --- I changes the fog multiplier from the original 2.0 to 88.

This solved the problem.

It makes sense in that Vlado's original file was appx. 44x times larger than normal scale.

Comment

Working...
        X