No announcement yet.

Autodesk announces 2 versions of Max 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen mentioned here the "Verified View" and think I understand what it means but I don't think we have an equivalent here in the US (at least I haven't come across it). I see a lot of requests for light calcs and such but these usually come out of AGI32 or similar. Having the ability to get an accurate light level and a rendered image from the same model would be a great selling point to clients though. I am not however an engineer, so I'm not sure I'd be willing to guarantee the results as accurate - I don't think my insurance would cover that level of responsibility.

The false color images look basically like this from Radiance...
    Last edited by dlparisi; 22-02-2008, 10:57 AM.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
      So Vlado, without giving too much away, if we set up our scene correctly (proper paint reflectance values, IES lights, etc) will we be able to determine the amount of footcandles on a surface, regardless of the image quality in the rendering (i.e., exposure, sampling, etc).
      To a large extent, yes. The exposure will not have any effect on the readings. However, the quality of the result does depend on the settings to some extent (e.g. illumination from area lights might be noisy if you don't have enough samples); obviously you'd need GI with at least a few bounces (you'd typically use the light cache as a secondary engine so that as many bounces as possible are calculated). On average, the result would be pretty close to what is expected.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great. Thanks.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

wow the false color image can really be off great help for analysis work. If vray could render on an element
          pass to one of these it would be great for visualisation presentation of the expected light intensity in the space...

way too much information ... cool.
          Studio Max 2009 x64
          X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

Working...
          X