camera match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera match

It's probably right in front of me, but i'm not able to get the camera image to render when using the vray physical cam. I've got it in the environment slot but all i get is black. I'm used to max's standard camera so i'm guessing there is some other setting i need to check to get it to render.
    Thanks
    mh

Probably boost its output levels hugely - try upping it to silly amounts and see it it comes out.

Comment

Turn off "affect background" in the color mapping rollout
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Yes, as joconnell said, put it in an output map, and increase output amount to like 35 or 40. Keep in mind that with sun and sky and max standard camera, the linear multiplier needs to be decreased to about .03 to get the correct brightness. Inversely, with the vray physical cam at default settings, and the multipliers at 1, you need to multiply all environments and lights about 35 times brighter (or more) than you would when using standard camera.
        "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

If you are using the map for a background only, you can simply un-check the "Affect background" option in the Color mapping settings.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            If you are using the map for a background only, you can simply un-check the "Affect background" option in the Color mapping settings.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            perfect...thanks.
            mh

Comment

Working...
            X