Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blend material help

Hi guys,

I havent used the vray blend mat much, so need a bit of help with it.

I am trying to create some toast with some butter on it. The toast has already been mapped and goes into the base material slot. The toast map also has a yellow/whiteish area where the butter is spread on top.

I then put another map in the coat material and instantly my diffuse (base) layer loses its diffuse properties. I mean, the colour goes fainter. So what am i doing wrong ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

hmmm the fainting isn't that because the layers are blended together?
    dunno really

from the manual:

"This works like a stack, where each coat material blends between its own shading and that of the materials below it in the stack."
    My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

by default the different layers are simply mixed. The default value of the mix is 50% (the colour swatch). So unless you put some kind of mask in the mask slot it is behaving as expected.

Kind Regards,
      Thorsten

Comment

ok, that makes sense. I was just confused as to how to create a transparent gloss, almost like a carpaint material. So you have your diffuse base colour still showing through properly and then a glazing that goes over the top. Would I need it to be refractive for it not to affect the lower material diffuse so much ?
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

You might need a refraction in that case but the mask would still be needed to get the butter not to coat the entire piece of toast.You can use the grey scale values of the mask to control how much butter shows as well and where is shows. White is opac black is clear.
          Cheers
          Mike K
          Two heads are better than one ...
          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Ta. I'll give that a go
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X