VrayBmpFilter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayBmpFilter

Why the VrayBmpFilter have an oposite V coord than the max bitmap ???

Best Regards...
    My Flickr

I believe it has to do with the way ZBrush exports UVs and displacement bitmaps (V tiling has to be set to -1 to align bitmaps with the standard max maps), and the fact that it was developed (correct me if I'm wrong here) with displacement in mind.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      I believe it has to do with the way ZBrush exports UVs and displacement bitmaps (V tiling has to be set to -1 to align bitmaps with the standard max maps), and the fact that it was developed (correct me if I'm wrong here) with displacement in mind.
      That is a good reason...

Best regards...
      My Flickr

Comment

call it vraydisplacementfilter then?

Cheers
        Studio Max 2009 x64
        X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

If it was limited to that use, I'd agree.
          As things stand, I'd rather have it named as it is, as it can be used as a general purpose bitmap map, with higher speed and quality than the original one.
          Nomenclature is the enemy of communication, if a necessary malady...
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X